Hyundai launches The New Hyundai Tucson 2.0 – The Sexy SUV - in 2WD and 4WD versions with starting introductory price of 1,791,000 baht Aggressive designs and premium equipment selections key to success as great-value- for-money choice for A+ consumers with characters
March 11, 2010 – Hyundai Motor (Thailand) Co., Ltd., the sole importer and distributor of Hyundai cars in Thailand, officially introduces The New Hyundai Tucson 2.0 2WD and 2.0 4WD with a nickname of “The Sexy SUV” to the Thai market as the latest high-end offering from Hyundai to please the A+ consumers seeking vehicles that can truly enhance their unique character through designs and features. The New Hyundai Tucson is a proud and successful result of the cooperation among 3 outstanding Hyundai units – Seoul, Korea; California, USA and Frankfurt, Germany, in attempts to re-create the benchmark for all future Hyundai vehicles taking into consideration the unique fluidic exterior design, impressive driving performances and premium features to enhance character.
Hyundai Motor (Thailand) President Yoshizumi Kurata disclosed details of the launch of The Sexy SUV, saying Thailand was among a few countries in the world and Asia to receive a privileged opportunity to introduce it in CBU form only a few months after the world premier. “The New Hyundai Tucson is indeed one of the latest attractions from Hyundai and it is now here in Thailand without the long wait. The model commands beauty and personality altogether with additional strength from selected technologies and advanced features to make ownership even more impressive and exciting. It will surely become one of the top choices for A+ customers who demand character in their rides. In the New Hyundai Tucson, you will be seen as very confident person with strong personality of knowing what you exactly want, while of course having impeccable taste and appreciating value for money,” said Mr. Kurata.
The highlights found in The New Hyundai Tucson can be described as follows:
- Sharp and fluidic designs on the body, and new hexagonal grille with intimidating headlights on the front, for aggressive looks.
- Newly developed 2.0-liter DOHC gasoline engine with D-CVVT and VIS (variable intake system) for better fuel economy, lower emission and maximum output of 166 horsepower
- 6-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode for acceleration and effective engine braking when cornering or going downhill
- Tasteful panoramic sunroof operated via electronic system
- The Smart Key system for most convenient entry without remote struggling
- Advanced Start Button – new benchmark in today’s driving
- Rear-view camera to assist parking with image display on clear LCD screen on the rear-view mirror for safety and additional driving confidence
- The advanced Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
- Downhill Brake Control (DBC)
- Hill-start Assist Control (HAC)
- Anti-lock brake system (ABS) and electronic brake force distribution (EBD) with brake assist (BA) for emergency braking result
- The Amplitude Selective Damper (ASD) for smoother ride at low speed and steadier ride when speeding
- European styling color interior - Conac Brown leather seats
- Dual Zone air-conditioner with Cluster Ionizer for healthier air
- High-quality sound system with all-round 6 speakers, 1 sub-woofer and USB and iPod sockets
- Airbags at 6 positions, front, side and curtain for optimum protection
- Folded and split rear bench seats with 60:40 ratio for diverse luggage arrangement
- Multi-function steering wheel for easy sound-system command and cruise control engagement
- Trip computer for essential information on fuel and distance
“The projected sales for this year will be around 200 units. We are trying to offer our buyers the exclusivity when choosing The New Hyundai Tucson. We would like the aggressive design, impressive performance and overwhelming equipment list to help make statement. As for the price, the 2.0 2WD is offered during the introductory period at 1,791,000 baht, while the 2.0 4WD is available for 1,895,500 baht. The 4WD version will come with on-demand 4WD system controlled electronically to split the power at 50:50 ratio, front and rear,” he explained.
The New Hyundai Tucson is accompanied by “Pum” Dolaros Dechapratumwan, the presenter, who is an up and coming fashion model and movie star. She is a confident kind of person who believes in what she does - the way we would like our Tucson customers to see themselves: being able to follow their heart without having to get stuck on conventional choices or follow anyone.
Experience the excitement with The Sexy SUV from Hyundai before anyone now at Hyundai dealers nationwide.
Check out Here for more details.